We understand it’s sometimes difficult to pay accounts on time. That’s why we have a range of flexible payment options that can be tailored to meet your needs. By working together we can find a solution.
Our Customer Service representatives are supportive and always handle your enquiry in confidence and with fairness and compassion. Please contact us as soon as you begin to experience financial difficulty and we can assist you with the following:
- Information and advice regarding our various payment options and methods available.
- Making a new agreed payment arrangement for your account which will be sent to you in writing within two business days of the agreement being reached.
- Redirecting your account at no charge to a third party or an alternative postal address. This request must be made in writing.
- Information in alternative formats at no charge.
- Water efficiency information that may assist you in managing/reducing future water use.
- Information on Government funded concessions and financial assistance schemes such as the Hardship Utility Grant Scheme.
- Information on our Financial Hardship Policy.
- Renegotiating the amount of your instalments if there is a change in your circumstances.
- A referral to a free counselling service to receive independent advice. During this time recovery action will cease, pending the establishment of an agreed payment arrangement.
Once you have agreed to a suitable payment arrangement, you will be shielded from recovery action and associated recovery costs. A reduced interest rate may also be applicable. PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to honour your payment arrangement you will be advised in writing that recovery action will continue.
Customers with special needs
For customers with special needs this information can be made available in alternative formats.
We understand that business customers sometimes experience cash flow problems. If you are in this situation please contact us as soon as possible.
You can request:
- Deferment of payment for a short period of time
- A payment plan based on reasonable terms and conditions
If paying your water charges will affect your ability to meet basic living expenses like food, rent/mortgage, utility accounts etc, you may be deemed to be in financial hardship.
You can apply to make special arrangements to pay your account by completing this form.
Between 1 April and 30 September 2020, households and small businesses experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19 will not have their water disconnected and no interest will be charged on deferred bill payments.
For some customers this may be a temporary situation due to:
- An unexpected emergency
- A temporary reduction in income
- A sudden change in living circumstances
For others, it may be longer term. This can apply to people with low or fixed incomes who may require ongoing assistance. For more information on our Financial Hardship Policy click here or contact us.