Pensioner rebates

If you have a social security pension or concession card you may be entitled to receive a significant discount on your water bill.

Registered Pensioner Concession Card, State Concession Card and Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are entitled to receive a rebate of up to 50% on the standard supply charge and up to 50% on the first 350 kilolitres of water consumed each year. Registered WA Seniors Card holders may receive a rebate of up to 25% on the standard supply charge.​

To be eligible for a rebate you must own and occupy the property as your “ordinary place of residence” and hold one of the following concession cards:

Pensioner Concession Card

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

WA Seniors Card

State Concession Card

To own a property means you must:

  • be registered on the Certificate of Title as the owner or co-owner
  • have a “right to reside” at the property under the terms of a Will (a copy of the appropriate documents need to be provided)
  • hold a long-term lease in a retirement village, park home park, lifestyle village or caravan park (check with the owner or operator to see if a rebate applies)

How to apply
Download an application form and return it to Busselton Water, along with a copy of your concession card.