Water is an important issue in our community and Busselton Water has put together some really useful resources to help students learn all about it. We encourage all schools to get involved!
What you can do
Use our school resources
There are teaching notes, activities and lesson plans in our School Education Modules which are free to download on this page.
Tour our plant
Arrange an excursion to the Busselton Water Treatment Plant. Contact us to book a free tour. After you’ve been, please don’t forget to fill out a feedback form and let us know all about your experience.
Invite us to visit
Our team loves to visit students in the classroom so talk to us about setting up an incursion with a difference.
Talk about your waterwise activities
- Remind students, parents, teachers, gardeners, cleaners and the community that your school is a waterwise school.
- Include waterwise tips in your school newsletter and spread the waterwise message to the wider community.
- Conduct weekly readings of the school water meter and report the findings at your school assembly.
Tell others about it
- Display the waterwise school logo on your website and in your school newsletters.
- Create a space on your staff notice board for the waterwise school program and update it with news from the program and any current water issues.
Tell Busselton Water about it
Show us your school in action. We love to receive examples that demonstrate your school’s water learning throughout the year, like artwork, projects and photos etc. This is an opportunity for your students to showcase their work.
Tap into National Water Week in term 4
Every year, for one week during October, communities around Australia celebrate all things water during National Water Week. There are lots of great ways your school can participate. Why not plan a special activity or hold an event during the week and send us all the details so we can showcase your school in action.